Friday, February 6, 2009

Herbs Working

Some herbal remedies (in tincture form, 1-3 drop doses two times a day, pulse tested) that have worked for my clients lately:

Sweet Leaf (aka Monarda fistulosa aka Bee Balm) for toes that burn and sting in the winter, with a history of past frostbite.

White Oak Bark (Quercus alba) for a feeling of "looseness" in the pelvis, with history of uterine prolapse.

Wormwood (Artemesia--one drop under the tongue, once a week only!) for two boys with Aspergers. Matt Wood describes Sagebrush/Artemesia flower essence in Seven Herbs: Plants as Teachers as being for persons who have a hard time reflecting on their thoughts. I pulse tested it on one boy, it tested. I then had Lise Wolff test it on my son, and it tested well. I immediately noticed an improvement in his responsiveness to us, and less angry outbursts. Be careful with this herb, it is extremely potent and bitter. I would perhaps use the flower essence if I were you...

That's what I know for sure, right now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Could you write some about pulse testing, if you're inclined? :)

Lisa Zahn said...

Yes, Mon. I'll write about pulse testing--when I'm done with my "break" from the computer. March, hopefully. (Obviously, I'm checking emails every few days because otherwise I'd be up to my ears in them...)

But for now, pulse testing is a way to read the body, and that's it in a nutshell. You feel the pulse, drop a drop of a remedy on and see how it responds. I mainly look for a relaxation of the pulse, but that's kind of a simplification. It's quite intuitive, in the long run. More later!